Sunday, June 01, 2008

Peggy & David King, Evergreen, Colorado, holding "Gathering Storm" - '08 Visit to Belleville, IL

"There is no wilderness like life without friends.
Friendship multiplies blessings
and minimizes misfortunes.
It is a unique remedy against adversity and it soothes the soul."
-- Baltasar Gracia
n

My friends, Peggy and David King of Evergreen, Colorado, visited the Midwest not long ago. We spent a delightful afternoon together at Southwestern Illinois' Schmidt Art Center in Belleville. I was pleased to have them take home one of my paintings - GATHERING STORM. Peggy said the painting would be perfect in their home. How nice.



Peggy is a sculpture artist who works in large metal pieces and in beaded sculptures of fish and other fowl. Libby Reuter, executive director and curator for the center (www.swicfoundation.com), is interested in Peggy possibly having an exhibit of her work sometime in the future. I'm excited for Peggy. If you haven't visited this state-of-the-art gallery, don't miss it. The
re's a MetroLink stop across the parking lot from the entrance.

Peggy, David and I attended Southwest Missouri State College (now MSU) together. Peggy and I were both art majors. I have fond memories of those days (I chuckle to myself about some of the fun times we had).

UPDATE: David sent me some of Peggy's "fish" beaded sculptures. Do you have a whimsical name for each of these fishies? Aren't they CLEVER? Lots of hours went into making these, you can be sure.


And here is a gorgeous photo that David took on his way along the trail of Lewis & Clark....Bitterroot Range, south of Lolo, Montana (where A RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT was filmed and my favorite state!)



No comments: