Saturday, September 30, 2006

Art On The Square Gallery, Belleville, Ill.

"What I mean by 'abstract' is something which comes to life spontaneously through a gamut of contrasts, plastic at the same time as psychic, and pervades both the picture and the eye of the spectator with conceptions of new and unfamiliar elements..." -- Marc Chagall




This was a great place to have an exhibit!




DREAMCATCHER II
“I dreamed of summer fields and the wild things that grow there -- and put them on my brush and on to paper.”


FLEUR
“I dreamed in French - Ooh la la - a French fleur-de-lis for the holidays.”


CREATION
“Ohhh, how very inspiring and wonderous are the beginnings of life - flower to fauna!”

2 comments:

Jim Arnold said...

I love your use of metallic frames that compliment the watercolors framed within them. It is amazing how well they match, especially in the last one on this post.

Susan G. Holtzman said...

Thanks for posting your comment, Jim. I think the frames are a good complement to the paintings! ...and I look forward to presenting these new pieces to the public 10/6 at our reception 7-9pm at BELLEVILLE'S ART ON THE SQUARE GALLERY. They'll be able to visit the gallery 10/7-8, 14-15 (I'll be there noon-4pm 10/15), 21-22. It's a nice show of about 12 artists' work. Lovely gallery.